Sunday, 17 May 2020
From 7:00 am
Eastern Beach Reserve, Geelong, VIC
Raised so far
About Geelong Memory Walk & Jog
Show those Baywalk Bollards how it’s done – get up and get active! Join us this May to walk, jog or run for people living with dementia, their families and carers.
Register today and get moving. Because the kilometres you cover, raise vital funds that we can turn into life-changing support and services.
Register for Geelong Memory Walk & Jog today
Get active and beat dementia your way! Register as an individual or a group. Select either 2km, 6km or 8km as your preferred distance. Choose whether you want to walk, jog or run. Whichever way you decide to move, you’ll be helping us beat dementia to the finish line!
Fundraise for people living with dementia
Every kilometre and every dollar counts. The fundraising you do will make the world of difference to the estimated 114,779 people with dementia in VIC. And it means Dementia Australia can do more to make life better for them and their loved ones. It may even help us put a stop to dementia for good.
Geelong! It’s time to get active, get healthy and get ahead of dementia!
Early Bird Tickets
|Child (6-17 years)||$21.00|
|Junior (0-5 years)||FREE|
|Senior (60+ years)||$21.00|
|7:00 am||On-the-day registration|
|8:10 am||Race welcome|
|8:20 am||Group warm-up|
|8:45 am||8km runners start|
|8:50 am||6km walkers start|
|8:55 am||2km walkers start|
|10:30 am||Prize presentation|
|11:00 am||Race day finish|
*Timings and distances are subject to change
- Corey Gastaldon just donated $40.00
- Despena Spathas just donated $1.88
- Despena Spathas just registered for Geelong
- Marianna Mystakidis just donated $108.39
- Marianna Mystakidis just registered for Geelong
- Penny Whitehead just donated $37.28
- Penny Whitehead just registered for Geelong
- Deb Blackney just donated $31.95
- Deb Blackney just donated $1.88
- Deb Blackney just registered for Geelong
- Rebecca York just donated $1.88
- Rebecca York just registered for Geelong
- Bron Madigan just donated $35.20
- Bron Madigan just registered for Geelong
- Karen Blackney just donated $3.25
- Karen Blackney just registered for Geelong
- Jenni Richardson just registered for Geelong
- Carmel Helman just donated $1.36
- Carmel Helman just registered for Geelong
- Jan Wilson just donated $1.36
How do I create or join a team?
When you first register their will be a section called ‘Create your page’. On the bottom of this page there is a section to create or join a team. Just follow the steps and you should be good to go!
If you have already registered, just search for the team. Click on the teams' fundraising page and then the yellow 'Join Team' button.
If you are already registered and want to create a brand new team, simply log in to your account go to your dashboard and then an option will appear to create a team. Simply follow the prompts and you're all set up.
How many kilometres is Memory Walk & Jog?
Geelong has a 2km short walk, 6km long walk and 8km timed run.
Can my family do different race types?
Horses for courses? Absolutely! When you select the family ticket or buy multiple tickets for a team or organisation, please enter in the chosen race type for each person.
I want to fundraise. How do I get started?
No problem, we’re here to help! Check out our Fundraising Tips as a starting point. We also get you started with your own, editable fundraising page when you register for an event (you’ll receive a link in your registration email). If you’ve run out of inspiration, give us a call for a chat and a brainstorm.