Sunday, 23 February 2020
From 7:00 am
Barrine Drive, Lake Burley Griffin, Canberra, ACT
Raised so far
About Canberra Memory Walk & Jog
Join us on the Lake Burley Griffin foreshore to cover those kilometres and raise some dementia-beating dollars!
Together, we’re going to have a lot of fun - and raise even more money - by walking, jogging or running around the lake. It’s a great way to get active, take in Canberra’s centrepiece and make the world of difference for people living with dementia.
Register for Canberra Memory Walk & Jog today
Get active and beat dementia your way! Register as an individual or a group. Select either 2km 5km, 10km as your preferred distance. Choose whether you want to walk, jog or run. Whichever way you decide to move, you’ll be helping us beat dementia to the finish line!
Fundraise for people living with dementia
Every kilometre and every dollar counts. The fundraising you do will make the world of difference to the estimated 5,932 people with dementia in the ACT. And it means Dementia Australia can do more to make life better for them and their loved ones. It may even help us put a stop to dementia for good.
Canberra! It’s time to get active, get healthy and get ahead of dementia!
The first 500 people to register will receive a free t-shirt.
|Child (6-17 years)||$36.00|
|Junior (0-5 years)||FREE|
|Senior (60+ years)||$36.00|
|7:00 am||On-the-day registration|
|8:10 am||Race welcome|
|8:20 am||Group warm-up|
|8:45 am||10km runners start|
|8:50 am||5km walkers start|
|8:55 am||2km walkers start|
|10:30 am||Prize presentation|
|11:00 am||Race day finish|
*Timings and distances are subject to change
- Alicia Barron just donated $31.95
- Alicia Barron just registered for Canberra
- Rachel Barron just donated $38.19
- Breakneck Barrons just created a team in Canberra
- Rachel Barron just registered for Canberra
- Cassandra Zoro just registered for Canberra
- karen lynch just donated $6.24
- karen lynch just registered for Canberra
- Sarina Smith just donated $31.95
- Carol Jeffery just donated $58.58
- Mahani and Nick Taylor just donated $55.00
- Maureen Giles just donated $100.00
- Claire King just donated $53.25
- Deanne Cain just donated $55.00
- Nicole Sullivan just registered for Canberra
- Alexandar Anastasiou just donated $3.12
- Alexandar Anastasiou just registered for Canberra
- Katie Kenny just registered for Canberra
- Lucinda Kenny just donated $12.48
- Simone Fueggle just donated $31.95
How do I create or join a team?
When you first register their will be a section called ‘Create your page’. On the bottom of this page there is a section to create or join a team. Just follow the steps and you should be good to go!
If you have already registered, just search for the team. Click on the teams' fundraising page and then the yellow 'Join Team' button.
If you are already registered and want to create a brand new team, simply log in to your account go to your dashboard and then an option will appear to create a team. Simply follow the prompts and you're all set up.
How many kilometres is Memory Walk & Jog?
Canberra has a 2km short walk, 5km long walk and 10km timed run.
Can my family do different race types?
Horses for courses? Absolutely! When you select the family ticket or buy multiple tickets for a team or organisation, please enter in the chosen race type for each person.
I want to fundraise. How do I get started?
No problem, we’re here to help! Check out our Fundraising Tips as a starting point. We also get you started with your own, editable fundraising page when you register for an event (you’ll receive a link in your registration email). If you’ve run out of inspiration, give us a call for a chat and a brainstorm.