Raised so far
The Grant McBride Memory Walk & Jog is back!
But this time we are going virtual
During Dementia Awareness Week, 21-27 September, I am asking you to join me in supporting people living with dementia, their family and carers.
I lost my Dad, Grant, to Younger Onset Dementia when he was just 68 years old. In my early twenties I lost my grandma to dementia. I made a promise to my Mum that I would do everything I could to help people living with dementia and those who care for them.
How to go virtual
You can walk, jog, ride a bike, do any exercise wherever you possibly can throughout this week but please make sure you are following all of the government guidelines.
Here are some ideas you could do to keep active:
- Walk around your local neighbourhood
- Do a virtual workout at home
- Keep active by cleaning the house or gardening.
All you have to do is sign up!
Across Australia there are more than 459,000 people living with dementia and nearly 1.6 million involved in their care.
Help us to raise awareness, reduce stigma and raise vital funds to fight dementia.
- Emma McBride
Grant McBride Memory Walk & Jog in 2019
- Anonymous just donated $21.30
- Diane Bates just donated $31.95
- MG just donated $97.98
- Kelly Hamlyn-Harris just donated $58.58
- Robyn Thompson just donated $106.50
- Rosalie Thompson just donated $53.58
- Rosalie just registered for Grant McBride Virtual Memory Walk & Jog
- Denise Cosmetatos just donated $200.00
- Simone Selinas just donated $58.90
- Simone just registered for Grant McBride Virtual Memory Walk & Jog
- Petrie just donated $21.30
- Colleen Michael just donated $31.95
- David Harris just donated $54.55
- David just registered for Grant McBride Virtual Memory Walk & Jog
- barbara smith just donated $21.30
- Evan Taylor just donated $15.98
- Wendy Wood just donated $100.00
- Daniel Delaney just donated $31.95
- Brian and Danielle Milson just donated $106.50
- Adam Goodall just donated $106.50
How do I create or join a team?
When you first register their will be a section called ‘Create your page’. On the bottom of this page there is a section to create or join a team. Just follow the steps and you should be good to go!
If you have already registered, just search for the team. Click on the teams' fundraising page and then the yellow 'Join Team' button.
If you are already registered and want to create a brand new team, simply log in to your account go to your dashboard and then an option will appear to create a team. Simply follow the prompts and you're all set up.
I want to fundraise. How do I get started?
No problem, we’re here to help! Check out our Fundraising Tips as a starting point. We also get you started with your own, editable fundraising page when you register for an event (you’ll receive a link in your registration email). If you’ve run out of inspiration, give us a call for a chat and a brainstorm.