Sunday, 31 May 2020
From 7:00 am
Speers Point Park, Lake Macquarie, NSW
Raised so far
About Hunter Memory Walk & Jog
Let’s get moving for people living with dementia!
Join us on the foreshore for a morning of family-friendly fun, fitness and fundraising. How you take part is up to you. Walk, jog or run? Fancy dress or personal best? Beat dementia your way.
Spread the word and bring everyone you know too. A dementia-friendly world is a cause the whole community can get behind!
Register for Hunter Memory Walk & Jog today
Get active and beat dementia your way! Register as an individual or a group. Select either 2km, 7.5km or 7.5km run as your preferred distance. Choose whether you want to walk, jog or run. Whichever way you decide to move, you’ll be helping us beat dementia to the finish line!
Fundraise for people living with dementia
Every kilometre and every dollar counts. The fundraising you do will make the world of difference to the estimated 149, 250 people with dementia in NSW. And it means Dementia Australia can do more to make life better for them and their loved ones. It may even help us put a stop to dementia for good.
Hunter! It’s time to get active, get healthy and get ahead of dementia!
Early Bird Tickets
|Child (6-17 years)||$21.00|
|Junior (0-5 years)||FREE|
|Senior (60+ years)||$21.00|
|7:00 am||On-the-day registration|
|8:10 am||Race welcome|
|8:20 am||Group warm-up|
|8:45 am||7.5km runners start|
|8:50 am||7.5km walkers start|
|8:55 am||2km walkers start|
|10:30 am||Prize presentation|
|11:00 am||Race day finish|
*Timings and distances are subject to change
- Genevieve Beard just registered for Hunter
- FIND A CURE just created a team in Hunter
- Catherine McNamara just registered for Hunter
- VIRGINIA HARDYMAN just donated $12.02
- VIRGINIA HARDYMAN just registered for Hunter
- Dick Sanders just donated $106.50
- Amelia Dunks just registered for Hunter
- Courtney Dunks just registered for Hunter
- Ruby Folbigg just donated $108.39
- Ruby Folbigg just registered for Hunter
- Jennifer Del mundo just registered for Hunter
- Nikesha Wayne just donated $1.88
- Nikesha Wayne just registered for Hunter
- Stuart Munro just donated $100.00
- Stuart Munro just registered for Hunter
- Shantal Jones just donated $5.33
- Pete Curran just donated $35.72
- Shantal Jones just registered for Hunter
- Pete Curran just registered for Hunter
- Scott Dunks just registered for Hunter
How do I create or join a team?
When you first register their will be a section called ‘Create your page’. On the bottom of this page there is a section to create or join a team. Just follow the steps and you should be good to go!
If you have already registered, just search for the team. Click on the teams' fundraising page and then the yellow 'Join Team' button.
If you are already registered and want to create a brand new team, simply log in to your account go to your dashboard and then an option will appear to create a team. Simply follow the prompts and you're all set up.
How many kilometres is Memory Walk & Jog?
Hunter has a 2km short walk, 7.5km long walk and 7.5km timed run.
Can my family do different race types?
Horses for courses? Absolutely! When you select the family ticket or buy multiple tickets for a team or organisation, please enter in the chosen race type for each person.
I want to fundraise. How do I get started?
No problem, we’re here to help! Check out our Fundraising Tips as a starting point. We also get you started with your own, editable fundraising page when you register for an event (you’ll receive a link in your registration email). If you’ve run out of inspiration, give us a call for a chat and a brainstorm.