Sunday, 5 April 2020
From 7:00 am
Tench Reserve, Nepean River, Penrith, Western Sydney, NSW
Raised so far
About Western Sydney Memory Walk & Jog
Walk, jog or run the riverbank - and turn your kilometres into dementia-beating dollars!
Event day is when we take action together. So, make sure you ask everyone you know to register too! Family. Friends. Work mates. Your postie!
Let’s make Western Sydney Memory Walk & Jog even bigger and better in 2020 – and let people living with dementia know, they’re not alone.
Register for Western Sydney Memory Walk & Jog today
Get active and beat dementia your way! Register as an individual or a group. Select either 2km, 8km or 8km run as your preferred distance. Choose whether you want to walk, jog or run. Whichever way you decide to move, you’ll be helping us beat dementia to the finish line!
Fundraise for people living with dementia
Every kilometre and every dollar counts. The fundraising you do will make the world of difference to the estimated 149, 250 people with dementia in NSW. And it means Dementia Australia can do more to make life better for them and their loved ones. It may even help us put a stop to dementia for good.
Western Sydney! It’s time to get active, get healthy and get ahead of dementia!
Early Bird Tickets
|Child (6-17 years)||$21.00|
|Junior (0-5 years)||FREE|
|Senior (60+ years)||$21.00|
|7:00 am||On-the-day registration|
|8:10 am||Race welcome|
|8:20 am||Group warm-up|
|8:45 am||8km runners start|
|8:50 am||8km walkers start|
|8:55 am||2km walkers start|
|10:30 am||Prize presentation|
|11:00 am||Race day finish|
*Timings and distances are subject to change
- Leesa Rapp just donated $58.58
- Sharon Bradshaw just donated $30.00
- Todd Leighton just donated $31.95
- Thomas King just donated $106.50
- James Heathcote just donated $8.90
- James Heathcote just registered for Western Sydney
- Yasmin Adam just donated $55.00
- Michelle Bailey just donated $3.77
- Michelle Bailey just registered for Western Sydney
- Kelly Fink just donated $6.70
- Kelly Fink just registered for Western Sydney
- Patricia Blake just donated $266.25
- Patricia Blake just donated $1.36
- Patricia Blake just registered for Western Sydney
- Between a Walk and a Hard Place just created a team in Western Sydney
- Nicole Jordan just registered for Western Sydney
- Danielle Thompson just registered for Western Sydney
- Tracey Grljak just donated $3.77
- Tracey Grljak just registered for Western Sydney
- Belinda Cairns just donated $3.25
How do I create or join a team?
When you first register their will be a section called ‘Create your page’. On the bottom of this page there is a section to create or join a team. Just follow the steps and you should be good to go!
If you have already registered, just search for the team. Click on the teams' fundraising page and then the yellow 'Join Team' button.
If you are already registered and want to create a brand new team, simply log in to your account go to your dashboard and then an option will appear to create a team. Simply follow the prompts and you're all set up.
How many kilometres is Memory Walk & Jog?
Western Sydney has a 2km short walk, 8km long walk and 8km timed run.
Can my family do different race types?
Horses for courses? Absolutely! When you select the family ticket or buy multiple tickets for a team or organisation, please enter in the chosen race type for each person.
I want to fundraise. How do I get started?
No problem, we’re here to help! Check out our Fundraising Tips as a starting point. We also get you started with your own, editable fundraising page when you register for an event (you’ll receive a link in your registration email). If you’ve run out of inspiration, give us a call for a chat and a brainstorm.